Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Morrissey's Best Same-Word Rhymes

1. 'I will be in the bar/With my head on the bar' (The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get)
2. 'I would hate anything to happen to her/Would you please let me see her' (Girlfriend In A Coma)
3. 'But it goes on/And on/Oh goes on' (Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me)
4. 'I am a man of means/Of slender means' (Nowhere Fast)
5. 'Some girls' mothers/Are bigger than other girls' mothers' (Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others)
6. 'They don't want to believe us/And if they don't believe us now/Will they ever believe us?' (The Boy With The Thorn In His Side)
7. 'Cause tonight is just like any other night/That's why you're on your own tonight' (I Know It's Over)
8. 'Has the world changed/Or have I changed?' (The Queen Is Dead)
9. 'Shoplifters of the world/Unite and take over/Shoplifters of the world/Hand it over' (Shoplifters Of The World Unite)
10. 'All the love that you long for eludes you/And people are rude and cruel to you' (You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby)

3 comments:

. said...

Ok, at first I wanted to comment on the best list so far, but after reading miauw's comment, I can only say: visit her site. I've never seen anyone blog their entire life in 146 words.

Mark said...

ha..
and she still hasn't explained the Morrissey connection..?

. said...

It's probably her miauw-ing cat. I'm thinking of heading over to give her the massage / massegge / whatever.